Sunday, July 18, 2010
Where does the time go? Summer's half over! Who stole summer? Return it immediately!
In a nutshell, here is our past three months:
Hannah spent a month in California and is now back living with us.
We moved back to Alpine!
Kayla is getting ready for tennis at Lone Peak.
Whitney is back living with us for the summer and just sent off her missionary.
Kevin just accepted a new job here. It's out of athletics, but a great company.
Zac moved to Mass. for the rest of summer for a permaculture internship.
Jantzen is living in Omaha to be closer to his girlfriend.
Gentry just finished a Young Writers Conference.
Kevin and I just got back from our annual trip to Estes Park.
Furthermore, here is what is just around the corner:
Over the next few weeks, we'll be getting kids to/from EFY and other camps.
Hannah will get her learners permit (RUN AWAY!)
Kayla will start practices with the tennis team.
Whit goes back to USU.
Jantzen and Zac will go back to Snow.
Our monthly food bill will go back down to nothing.
Kevin will be attached to the remote as football season starts.
Things I Forgot and Remembered the Past 90 Days:
1. There should be a limit of 2 moves per lifetime. Additional moves should be illegal and fined heavily.
2. Modesty may be our teens continual battle but just be grateful they don't try to dress like Lady Gaga. It could always be worse.
3. Flyfishing is always more fun when you have to hike 5 miles to get there first.
4. Dogs like to eat their own poop. I don't know why I forgot, but I wish I hadn't remembered.
5. Six people in the house means there is not a washer/dryer warranty good enough for what we need.
6. Lots of kids means there is lots of weeding help in the yard.
7. No matter how many kids there are to weed, it still requires at least 2 adults to supervise so that something gets done.
8. The kids still hate weeding as much as they did when they were young.
9. The weeding is never finished.
10. Girlfriends are more important in life than chocolate.
I've attached a few summer pics including our great trip to Estes Park. Good times. Rejuvenating times. Peaceful times. Keep-from-killing-your-kids times. Priceless.
- ► 2009 (23)